Saturday 14th March 2020
Combined Counties Premier Division

Kick off 3pm @ Runnymead Stadium, Wards Place, Egham, TW20 8XD

Villa lineup:-  Terry Buss,  Brandon Barzy,  Liam Garlinge ⇓45,  Bruno Tingle ⇓80,  Sharif Njie,
Jamie Thoroughgood,  Samra Gagan,  Sid Dack ⇓60,  Scott Walker,  Jason Dwunfuo,  Tauren Roberts
Substitutes:- Elliott Simpson ⇑60,  Stephan Trah ⇑80,  Josh Tully, Jim Fenlon ⇑45
Villa Scorers:- Scott Walker, Bruno Tingle, Jason Dwunfuo
Yellow Cards:- Sharif Njie
Red Cards:-

After the previous two performances the boys were expected to shoot out of the traps against mid table Egham Town, but that wasn’t the case. For the opening 25 minutes we were 2nd to every ball and never got anywhere near winning a header, a fact not missed by the management team who, during a break in play, called the boys to the bench to make some changes.

When the game restarted Bruno Tingle had been pushed forward and Scottie Walker had been dropped a bit deeper, a move designed to give the physical Egham centre backs something to think about, and it worked perfectly. Bruno’s height and strength prevented the defence winning all the ball and Scottie started to buzz about and cause problems.

With the Egham attack blunted we started to create chances for ourselves. With the break approaching, Jason Dwunfuo cut inside his full back and fired a shot that bounced of the keepers chest, Scott Walker reacted fastest to lift the rebound over the keeper. 1 nil lead into the break.

The 2nd half saw a much better display from us and we didn’t have to wait long to increase our lead. In the 59th minute the hard working Bruno Tingle reaped the award for the graft he had put in when he turned in the box and fired home from close range. A well deserved goal for Mr Tingle.

The remainder of the half was played pretty much in the centre third of the pitch with clear cut chances few and far between for either sides. With the game into over time the hosts were given a chink of hope when their forward finished from close in to cut the lead, the hope didn’t last long though as, from the kick off, Jason Dwunfuo once again tortured his full back, this time he carried on to slip the ball past the keeper to restore our 2 goal lead.

Our 3rd consecutive win, and we continue our climb up the table. In the last 6 weeks or so the hard work put in by the management team of Simon, Paul and Leon has started to pay off. We are looking much more orgainised and, more importantly,  with Scottie, Jason and Tauren Roberts scoring freely we pose an attacking threat. Long may it continue.